top of page


Buying a House...

You now have a home, but how do you ensure it remains yours? 

We are specialists in arranging mortgages and helping people buy their new home but we are also dedicated to ensuring that you can keep your new home if the worst were to happen.

To start off, we will look at your mortgage options and then we look to make sure you can keep up payments - in best and worst-case scenarios. We want to give you the peace of mind that should anything unexpected happen, your home remains yours.

We will also be able to advise you on the right cover for your circumstances. We will make sure the protection you need for you and your family fits your needs. This could be life insurance, redundancy cover, accident and sickness, income protection, family protection or mortgage protection.


Why do I need it? What is it? It won’t happen to me.

The types of protection we are looking at are insurance policies that protect you, your family and your home. There are different policies that can do this by either protecting your life, your income, your partner’s life and/or income.
Here are the different types of cover available to you:
Life cover

This is an insurance policy that pays out a lump sum in the event of death. It is important if you have or are planning on having a family, or if you own your own a property and would want the mortgage paid off in the event of your death, so you are able to leave the property to a loved one.

What will Life cover cost me?

The cost of your life cover will depend on the age you are when applying, your current health, your job, so if you are a deep sea diver your premiums would be more expensive than someone who sits behind a desk. In general, the younger you are when taking out life cover the cheaper it is, as your premiums do not increase with age. However, the older you are the more expensive the premiums will be.

If you wanted life cover only to cover your mortgage, you can arrange life cover policies that will decrease along with your mortgage amount. These policies can also be cheaper in premium because the amount of cover you require decreases as the years go by. You would be surprised how little life cover can start from.
Accident Sickness and Unemployment

Accident, sickness and unemployment insurance is a short term income protection. This insurance policy replaces your income, for up to 12 months, if you are unable to work due to accident, sickness, or involuntary redundancy. It is a for of Payment Protection Insurance. There will be exclusions on the policy so you will need to check the wording. Most plans will not cover the death of the policy holder.

Critical Illness Cover

Critical illness insurance covers you if you are diagnosed with, or undergo surgery for, a critical illness. You will need to check each insurance policy wording for the definition provided on what constitutes a “critical illness”. Insurance providers will only pay for the critical illnesses they define in the policy. If your insurance policy covers it and you find out you have a critical illness then the provider will pay a lump sum, tax free, payment to help financially support you and your family.

It may be that you are looking for long term income protection. There are insurance policies that will cover this. Unlike short term protection, that often only covers you for 12 months, long term protection will cover you for the length of the insurance plan, until death, or until you are ready to return to work.

As an insurance advisor registered in England and Wales, and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, we are here to help you find the right cover and the best rates.
Speak to one of our experts today.

bottom of page